Standard Overdraft Services
We offer two types of Standard Overdraft Services1 for your account:
Checks, ACH, Automatic Bill Payments and Recurring Debit Card Transactions
We may, at our discretion, pay items into overdraft and assess an overdraft fee on each item. If we decide not to pay an item into overdraft, it will be returned for non-sufficient funds and may incur an NSF Fee.
This service automatically comes with your checking account.
ATM and Everyday (Point of Sale) Debit Card Transactions
We will not authorize and pay these items into overdraft unless you ask us to, which we refer to as opting into this service.
If you opt-in and we authorize and pay these items into overdraft, we may assess an overdraft fee on each overdraft item. Even if you do not opt-in, we may pay these items into overdraft if sufficient funds were available at the time of authorization, but not available at the time of settlement; however we will not charge you an overdraft fee.
You may change this election any time by calling 1-800-448-8812 or visiting your local branch. It may take up to 72-hours to process your request.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. Even if we pay your account into overdraft, we maintain the right not to do so at any other time. If we do not authorize your transaction, it will be declined and will not be paid into overdraft. Once you have overdrawn your account, you must bring it to a positive balance as soon as possible to avoid additional fees.
- With Checks and ACH items, this service allows us to automatically consider paying these items into overdraft so you may avoid the inconvenience and expense associated with the merchant’s returned check fee.
- With ATM and Everyday Debit Card transactions, this service gives you the option to allow us to consider authorizing and paying these items into overdraft or not. If you choose not to allow this, then your ATM and everyday debit card transactions will generally be declined when there are insufficient available funds in your checking account.
- Overdraft/NSF Fee: $36 per item- these fees are waived on items that are $5 or less, or if your account balance at the end of day processing is, or would be overdrawn, by $5 or less.
- Sustained Overdraft Fee 2: $36
Combine with Overdraft Protection Plans
Our Standard Overdraft Services work with our Overdraft Protection Plans, such overdraft coverage from another savings or checking account, from a Handyline account or from another line of credit, and serves as a backup by allowing us to consider authorizing and paying items into overdraft when the transaction cannot be fully covered by the overdraft protection coverage.
Call us or visit with us to learn more about our Standard Overdraft Services.
Or call 1-800-448-8812
1 Under our Standard Overdraft Services:
We will charge you a fee of up to $36.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
We will assess no more than 5 overdraft fees per account per day (Daily Limit). Please note that the Sustained Overdraft Fee discussed below does not count as an overdraft fee subject to the Daily Limit. NSF fees are subject to this same Daily Limit so that you will not be assessed more than 5 overdraft and NSF fees (individually or in combination) per account per day.
No overdraft fee will be imposed if, after the end of day processing, your available balance is overdrawn $5.00 or less. However, if after the end of day processing, your available balance is overdrawn by more than $5.00, you will be charged an overdraft fee for each overdraft for that day subject to the Daily Limit.
No overdraft fee will be imposed on any overdraft item of $5.00 or less.
2 For each time that your account remains overdrawn for at least nine (9) consecutive calendar days, you agree to pay one Sustained Overdraft Fee of $36.00. Please note that we count as the first of the nine consecutive calendar days, the day on which we post the items which create the overdraft in your account, regardless of whether we have provided you with notice of the overdraft(s). This fee is separate from and may be charged in addition to the Daily Limit of 5 overdraft and/or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees. We will not charge this fee if you pay us the total amount of the overdrawn balance on the ninth (9th) calendar day or the next banking day, if the 9th calendar day falls on a weekend or federal holiday that is not a banking day. We will also not charge this fee if:
- Your account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less on the day on which we would otherwise charge it, or
- You have not opted-in to the payment of ATM and everyday debit card (point of sale) transactions and the amount overdrawn only includes amounts from ATM and point of sale transactions presented and paid against insufficient funds, or
- The amount overdrawn only includes bank fees and/or service charges.