Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
The team begins this month's call with a discussion of the market and economic impacts of the Coronavirus:
• Richard Chauvin gives an update on the latest news about fatalities and the number of people infected.
• Paul Teten discusses potential impacts on economic growth for China and globally.
• Greg Hodlewsky discusses the stock market impact.
• Jeff Tanguis discusses the ‘flight to quality’ pressuring interest rates lower and whether this event increases the likelihood of the Fed easing.
Following the Coronavirus discussion, we shift our focus to other topics, including:
• The completion of Brexit and implications for trade going forward.
• Recent economic reports here in the U.S. and outlook for 2020 growth.
• Solid 4th quarter earnings in the U.S. have mostly been overshadowed. The team discusses how earnings have impacted stock markets and the outlook for the rest of the year.
Click the "play" arrow below to listen to the recorded session and learn more:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|