Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. Topics covered on this month’s call include:
- COVID-19 vaccine progress, an update on the latest trends, and a restriction discussion: When do we get back to normal?
- Detailed policy commentary regarding the $1.9 Trillion American Rescue Plan, the proposed $2 Trillion-plus Infrastructure Bill and the latest on the possibility of eliminating the filibuster.
- Progress made on economic growth from January to March, and an optimistic outlook on growth for the rest of the year.
- The strong month and quarter for stocks, as well as an update on earnings expectations and outlook for the rest of 2021.
- Long-term interest rates have climbed considerably, leading to long treasuries having their worst quarter since 1980. We explore the driving forces for this change.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
A historical library of previous calls is available.
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investment and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|