Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. On this month’s call, the team discusses:
- COVID-19 case growth, hospitalization and fatality rate trends and the potential impacts on business re-openings and economic activity.
- The likelihood of having an effective COVID-19 vaccine by early 2021.
- A review of the very difficult 2nd quarter U.S. GDP; the latest employment data; and an outlook for growth for the remainder of 2020 and the threats that could upend a robust recovery.
- Stock market returns for the month of July; a deeper look at the market rebound off the March 23rd lows; and how 2Q earnings have pleasantly surprised in some sectors contributing to this rebound.
- The upcoming November elections and how potential tax policy changes could impact markets.
- A review of the most recent changes in interest rates.
- Our outlook for the passage of Coronavirus relief / stimulus legislation now being negotiated by Congress and the Administration.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking the "play" arrow below:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|