Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. Topics covered on this month’s call include:
- COVID-19 trends, including progress with vaccines and herd immunity, as well as the implications for a timeline toward normalization
- The long-term impacts of the Texas deep freeze and the power crisis it triggered
- Current landscape for Senate confirmation of President Biden’s nominees and what it may mean for the administration’s agenda
- An outlook on the American Rescue Plan as the Senate takes up discussion of the House’s $1.9 trillion bill
- Economic and market repercussions of ongoing monetary and fiscal stimulus
- Growth prospects for the domestic and global economies
- A recap of first quarter earnings and recent stock performance
- The recent run-up in interest rates
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
A historical library of previous calls is available.
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investment and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|