Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. Topics covered on this month’s call include:
- Detailed commentary regarding what is being proposed for the Infrastructure Bill and the American Family Plan, as well as how it will be paid for and the likelihood for passage.
- COVID-19 vaccine progress, how the rest of the world is doing and what impact is being made on the global economy and global supply chain.
- A discussion on the 1Q GDP report, and an outlook for 2Q and beyond.
- A solid month for stocks with incredible 1st quarter earnings reports but some trends that warrant watching for the next month as well as the rest of the year.
- Why rates have traded down for most of the month and the latest information from the Fed.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
A historical library of previous calls is available.
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investment and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|