Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney's Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. Topics covered on this month's call include:
- Commentary on the latest from Washington D.C., including the Infrastructure bill, reconciliation, the debt ceiling and taxes.
- An update on COVID-19 trends, cases and deaths, and restrictions on activity and commerce.
- Why expectations for 3Q GDP have been coming down for most of the quarter and if this will continue into the 4th Quarter.
- Discussions on how stock performance looked, noting the pick-up in volatility, and what to expect from here.
- A check-in with the Fed Chairman and FOMC changes, and what has caused the 10-Year U.S. Treasury rate to jump over the last two months.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investments and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|