Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
- The latest trends regarding COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and fatalities, and progress on an effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- The continued encouraging 3rd Quarter economic data after a difficult 2nd Quarter.
- Stock market returns were strong, highlighting that the month was the best August for the S&P 500 since 1986.
- Why stocks continue to rally in the midst of a pandemic, and what to expect going forward.
- Long term U.S. Treasury yields are moving up as the amount of debt continues to climb.
- An update on the Fed’s new stance on inflation and why this is important.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking the "play" arrow below:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|