Commitment to our communities means commitment to the remarkable young people who are tomorrow’s entrepreneurs, innovators, and leaders. Our mission to help people achieve their dreams includes fulfilling educational dreams, and we are proud to award Leo W. Seal, Jr., Scholarships to five dependents of Hancock Whitney associates.
The $10,000 awards ($2,500 annually for up to four years) help students attend the colleges or university of their choice.
We are pleased to highlight this year’s young scholars who individually exemplify what it means to be a dedicated, service-oriented person just as the scholarship’s namesake exemplified.
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients and our proud associates.
Read more about each student by clicking on their name.
- Hannah Dieudonne, daughter of Kerrie Duvernay, Director of Treasury Management
- A’Mya Johnson, daughter of Romeshia Johnson, Mortgage Post Closing Specialist
- Alexis Lowery, daughter of Nicole McKelvy, Client Solutions Specialist
- Anh “Ashley” Nguyen, daughter of Lan Tran, Client Solutions Specialist
- Dale Nixon, son of Diana K. Nixon, Product Manager
About the Leo W. Seal, Jr., Scholarship
The late Leo W. Seal, Jr., a former president and CEO, served Hancock Whitney for 60-plus years. He gave a substantial and, at the time, anonymous donation to establish scholarships through the Gulf Coast Community Foundation (GCCF), the agency that administers the scholarship fund. Hancock Whitney awarded the first scholarships in 2011 in memory of Seal, who was a lifelong champion and benefactor for countless educational opportunities.