Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. Topics covered on this month’s call include:
- A thorough update on COVID-19 trends, including the latest Delta variant news and what it means for mandates and social distancing.
- Detailed commentary on the negotiations in Washington D.C. regarding the bipartisan infrastructure & reconciliation bill, and what the likely result will be.
- Discussions on rising tensions between the United States and China, and the impact on global economic growth.
- An overview on the positive economic data from this past month, discussions on inflation and what the recent COVID-19 resurgence means for economic growth going forward.
- A review on the 2nd quarter earnings reports, and possible causes for an increase in volatility.
- An outlook on where interest rates are likely headed.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
A historical library of previous calls is available.
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investment and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|