Welcome to the Markets and Economic Update, provided by the Hancock Whitney Asset Management team as an informational resource for clients and individuals who are interested in hearing our perspectives on current economic issues.
Each month, senior leaders of Hancock Whitney’s Asset Management team discuss the latest news and events that impact markets and the economy. On this month’s call, the team discusses:
- The latest election poll trends; how this year’s election looks and our team’s thoughts on the potential policy changes; the Congressional elections; and the possibility of a contested election.
- The increased volatility of stocks in September and how the election may impact the market.
- A third quarter update on the economy and what impact it may have on the election.
- Range-bound interest rates and how the Fed has contributed to the stability in interest rates.
- The latest trends regarding COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and fatalities as well as how this may impact President Trump’s re-election odds.
See and hear this month's presentation by clicking on the play arrow below:
A historical library of previous calls is available.
The information, views, opinions, and positions expressed by the author(s), presenter(s) and/or presented in the article are those of the author or individual who made the statement and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions, and positions of Hancock Whitney Bank. Hancock Whitney Bank makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented. This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Information provided and statements made should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Hancock Whitney Bank encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Investment and Insurance Products:
|NO BANK GUARANTEE||NOT A DEPOSIT||MAY LOSE VALUE||NOT FDIC INSURED|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY|