Overdraft Protection - Handyline
Your checking account can be linked to the Handyline product, an unsecured revolving line of credit, which can protect you from overdrafts.
Each processing day after all transactions have posted to your checking account, if the available balance in the account isn’t sufficient to cover all of the transactions, a transfer is automatically made from the Handyline to your checking account to cover the overdraft amount.
Transfers are in $100 increments when made systematically to cover an overdraft, and we will attempt to transfer the amount needed to fully cover your overdraft up to the available balance in the Handyline. You can also proactively transfer funds from the Handyline to your checking account online, in- branch, by phone or ATM for any amount up to the available limit of the Handyline.
If the Handyline does not have sufficient funds to cover all of the overdraft items, we will transfer the amount needed in $100 increments to fully cover as many of the items possible based on the posting order of each item. Any item(s) in your checking account that cannot be fully covered under this Overdraft Protection Plan will result in an overdraft, if paid, or may be returned for Non-Sufficient Funds.
Beneficial to you if
- You occasionally overdraw your checking account.
- You want a convenient, unsecured line of credit to serve as overdraft protection
- You want to be able to make an unlimited number of transfer from the line of credit to your checking account (subject to the available limit in the credit line)
- $10 Transfer Fee Per Day – assessed when a transfer is automatically made to cover an overdraft in your checking account. Your account will only be charged one $10 Transfer Fee on any given processing day and only when an overdraft protection transfer occurs.
- If the transferred amount is not sufficient to fully cover the amount of any individual overdraft item, the $10 Transfer Fee will not be charged.
- No Transfer Fee is assessed when you proactively transfer funds from the Handyline to the covered checking account yourself.
- The Handyline product comes with no annual fee; for details on rates and other terms and conditions, call or visit your local branch for details
Combine with Standard Overdraft Services1
- If the money in your Handyline account does not cover all your overdraft items, our Standard Overdraft Services allows us to consider paying the remaining item(s) into overdraft subject to the following:
- This service is automatically provided with checks, ACH, automatic bill payments and recurring debit card transactions.
- You must opt-in to this service if you wish for us to consider authorizing and paying your ATM and everyday debit card transactions into overdraft. You may opt-in by calling us at
1-800-448-8812 or visiting your local branch. You can change this election at any time. Please allow up to 72 hours for your election change to become effective.
- Each overdraft item may be assessed a $36 Overdraft Fee, if paid into overdraft, or a $36 NSF Fee, if returned.
- Overdrawn accounts may be subject to a Sustained Overdraft Fee of $36 if the balance is not brought positive within nine (9) calendar days 2.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. Even if we pay your account into overdraft, we maintain the right not to do so at any other time. If we do not authorize your transaction, it will be declined and will not be paid into overdraft. Once you have overdrawn your account, you must bring it to a positive balance as soon as possible to avoid additional fees.
- Overdraft Protection transfers from the Handyline will not occur if the Handyline is in a delinquent status.
- Check access directly to the Handyline product is not available. The Handyline can only be accessed by overdrawing your checking account, or by transferring funds from the Handyline to your checking account in-branch, online or by phone.
Normal credit criteria apply. Call or visit your local branch for details.
Ready to sign up?
Call us or visit with us to learn more or to sign up for one of our Overdraft Protection Plans.
Or call 1-800-448-8812
1 Under our Standard Overdraft Services:
We will charge you a fee of up to $36.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
We will assess no more than 5 overdraft fees per account per day (Daily Limit). Please note that the Sustained Overdraft Fee discussed below does not count as an overdraft fee subject to the Daily Limit. NSF fees are subject to this same Daily Limit so that you will not be assessed more than 5 overdraft and NSF fees (individually or in combination) per account per day.
No overdraft fee will be imposed if, after the end of day processing, your available balance is overdrawn $5.00 or less. However, if after the end of day processing, your available balance is overdrawn by more than $5.00, you will be charged an overdraft fee for each overdraft for that day subject to the Daily Limit.
No overdraft fee will be imposed on any overdraft item of $5.00 or less.
2 For each time that your account remains overdrawn for at least nine (9) consecutive calendar days, you agree to pay one Sustained Overdraft Fee of $36.00. Please note that we count as the first of the nine consecutive calendar days, the day on which we post the items which create the overdraft in your account, regardless of whether we have provided you with notice of the overdraft(s). This fee is separate from and may be charged in addition to the Daily Limit of 5 overdraft and/or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees. We will not charge this fee if you pay us the total amount of the overdrawn balance on the ninth (9th) calendar day or the next banking day, if the 9th calendar day falls on a weekend or federal holiday that is not a banking day. We will also not charge this fee if:
- Your account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less on the day on which we would otherwise charge it, or
- You have not opted-in to the payment of ATM and everyday debit card (point of sale) transactions and the amount overdrawn only includes amounts from ATM and point of sale transactions presented and paid against insufficient funds, or
- The amount overdrawn only includes bank fees and/or service charges.