New Markets Tax Credit Investments
Providing New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) financing for valuable community development projects.
We are an active and competitive tax credit equity investor in over $115 million of NMTC authority allocated to other Community Development Entity (CDE) partners, and the recipient of $148 million in NMTC allocation.
Tax Credit Investor
We are a leading tax credit equity investor in the NMTC allocations of third-party CDEs. As a tax credit equity investor, we've financed a wide variety of projects in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.
We invest in the full spectrum of eligible asset types under the New Markets Tax Credit program, including small businesses, not-for-profit and for-profit real estate projects, community development financial institutions, and more.
We prioritize investments that demonstrate high community impact, are located within the Bank's five state Gulf South footprint, and are in areas of higher economic distress.
Some of these projects include:
- $25 million lumber mill in rural MS
- $10 million to the first new silicon metal production facility to be built in the US in 40 years
- $11 million to build affordable, energy-efficient, sustainable for-sale housing in New Orleans
Recipient of NMTC Allocations / Allocattee
Through Whitney New Markets Fund, we use NMTC allocations to fill financing gaps in projects for clients such as not-for-profits, real estate developers and operating businesses. The financing is with senior debt at interest rates substantially below the market rate.
- Life skills instructional center for Downs Syndrome and autistic children
- Mixed use historic building including hotel with 188 rooms and 192 apartments
- Renovation and remediation of an historic theatre
Bridge Loan Provider
Our New Markets team works with our experienced lenders throughout the footprint to assist our current and potential borrowers in bridging various credits, allowing the full vision for the project to be attained.